For Basketball and sporting equipment, go to Amart, Chirnside Park.
Tell them you are a MLBC Lakers member, and the club will get a percentage of yuor sale.
MLBC Lakers is a community club that is dedicated to ensuring that every child has the chance to play basketball. The season fees are as low as we can make them, to cover gym hire, trophies and coaches equipment.
Player’s registrations are taken from the team sheet.
TEAMS PLAYING UNREGISTERED PLAYERS WILL BE PENALISED POINTS if the player is not registered within seven (7) days.
It is a requirement of registration that all players are a member of the K&MDBA and penalties will apply (as for unregistered players). New players must complete the Membership form and submit to the Kiosk prior to playing.
A Club may accept one clearance per grade per age group per season. The grading of the transferring player is taken on the highest grade (within the age group) played by the transferee in the preceding season.
3.1 For the purpose of the transfer rule, all variances of each grade shall take the highest grade ie A = A & A Res B = B1, B2, & B Res
Must be obtained when moving/leaving from one club to another.
Players registered and playing A grade cannot play in C grade or below regardless of the age group. Players cannot play more than one game per round in the same age group – if their team has a bye they can fill in. They must fill in details on back of score sheet.
Players who play more than 50% of the season in a higher grade of the same age group cannot return to a lower grade in the same age group. Players must play at least 50% of the rostered season (excluding byes) in the same grade and age group to be eligible to play in finals.
6. Players who miss a game or games through injury can have those games count towards finals if they supply a medical certificate prior to resumption of play. Provided they have commenced playing in the season.
Qualified players can be checked from the internet at any time during the season.
8. FIRST AID.
Ice blocks are available from the Kiosk at Kilsyth and Lilydale. It is recommended that every team carry a first aid kit.
Only one basketball per team is allowed into the stadiums. It must remain under the control of the Coach or Team Manager at all times.
Players injured during a game who wish to claim compensation for the injury must lodge a claim form within 30 days of that injury occurring.
Teams must supply a competent scorer for every game.
In addition a referee will be placed on the bench as an adjudicator for Grand Finals only.
1. The team that is first named on the fixture must sweep the court at half time.
2. Size 6 balls Under 9 to Under 14 inclusive. Size 7 Under 15 to Under 19 inclusive. Size 6 ball will be used FOR ALL GIRLS games regardless of age group.
3.U9 ‐ U14 Inclusive FULL COURT Man to man defence must be played in the first half of the game. (Boys & Girls) The penalty after one warning will be a Technical Foul on the bench of the offending team.
4. All substitutions and time outs must be made through the score bench
5. The small line is used for foul shots up to and including U12.
6. 5 seconds in the key in offense up to and including U12, 3 seconds U13 and up.
7. One time out per half per team allowed in all grades. Where adverse conditions exist the K&MDBA will advise at the time. The clock DOES NOT STOP for all whistles in the last one minute of the 1st half for all grades U9‐U21 inclusive.
8. The clock stops for all whistles in the last three minutes of the last half for all grades U12 to U21 inclusive.
9. !ncorrect uniforms (after the first three games)will mean the opposing team will get 10 points added to their score at 1⁄2 time by the referees
10. A minimum of four players must be present for the team to start the game. Once the game has commenced the minimum number of players to continue is 2.
11. Teams that are not ready at the start of the game will be penalised 1 point per minute. After 10 minutes the game will be forfeited.
12.Teams who forfeit games will be required to pay the allocated fine.
13. Please note that the location and timing of finals games will be determined by court availability, teams SHOULD NOT expect that their finals games will be at the same time as games held during the season.
The clock shall stop for: ALL TIME‐OUTS, ALL WHISTLES in the last THREE MINUTES of the LAST HALF.
EXTRA TIME in a Final the clock shall stop for ALL WHISTLES and TIME‐OUTS.
Teams must wait until the grade Secretary advises of finals cutoffs before assuming they are in a particular final Series. ie:‐ A grade, or ARes, B grade or B Res etc.